The Art of Programming
In the modern age of computers, all electronic devices made civilization possible with the acceleration of technological enhancement. Nowadays, technology is becoming more complex, but the reasoning is the creativity and innovation of programming languages.
A programming language is simply a set of commands, instructions, and other syntaxes that are used in order to create a software program.
The usage of programming languages has allowed technology to evolve as time goes by. Currently, there are roughly 700 programming languages that exist but only a handful of languages are currently of use.
The current mainstream programming languages can be categorized into two different types"
- Front End
- Back End
Front end development refers to the practice of converting data to a graphical interface in which users can view and interact with the data. For example, websites, iPhone apps. These specific languages are used mainly for web development due to the rise and popularity of the internet. Front end also refers to the client-side of the application. It includes characteristics of websites such as text colors, styles, images, graphs, tables, buttons, colors, and navigation menu.
In terms of front end development, there are different languages that could be used:
- HTML
- CSS
- Javascript
Also, front end languages have frameworks that enhance the ability of the websites but also make coding more efficient and readable.
Common frameworks would include:
- AngularJS
- React.js
- JQuery
- SASS
Back end development refers to the server-side of the website in which it stores and manipulates data. Its functionality makes sure everything on the client-side of the website works fine. Although you can't see what's happening, back end languages work alongside with front end languages but within the shadows.
In terms of back end development, there are different languages that could be used:
- PHP
- C++
- Java
- Python
- Node.js
- C#
- Ruby
- REST,
- GO
Also, back end languages have frameworks such as:
- Express
- Django,
- Rails
- Laravel
- Spring
In terms of the difference between Front end and Back end are that they are two aspects of the same situation. The frontend is the part of the website that users can interact with the user interface such as navigating menus, texts, images, and videos. The backend continues to store data and information depending on the user's choice of action on the website.
In the world of programming, people use programming languages for different reasons such as creating applications, websites, and for competition.
There are many people who compete in competitive programming in which is a mind sport. This specific sport involves participants trying to solve logical or mathematical problems with the usage of programming languages.
The languages commonly used for competitive programming are:
- C++
- Java
- Python
- Ruby
- ETC.
In terms of competitive programming, backend languages are more commonly used.
Programming itself created a legacy for making everything more efficient and entertaining. People are more drawn towards coding due to the popularity and its high demand in the business market. Every year, new programming languages are being created and exposed to the world, which will continue to evolve the culture of programming.
I think websites like myspace helped a generation of people learn at least basic HTML and ive also seen places pop up that are geared towards teaching children coding but i think programming and coding are awesome skills to have
ReplyDeleteReally interesting topic for me since I am an CIS major
ReplyDeleteNice job explaining front end and back end development. I'm currently taking a class on Java.
ReplyDeleteReally good job describing the topic! I am not a CIS major and you made it very good to understand!
ReplyDeleteThank you for this! I myself am not very tech savy so this was very helpful for me to understand technology.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy reading your post because you make it very easy to understand. I also agree that programming itself created a legacy for making everything more efficient and entertaining.
ReplyDeleteGreat post, I still have dozens of unopened coding books somewhere in my house. I am very enthusiastic to learn about them but I am scared that I won't be able to comprehend the materials.
ReplyDeleteProgramming is a subject that interests me, but after taking a Java class for back end development, it seems difficult. There are still a few concepts that I have little understanding of.
ReplyDeleteHey Kevin, thank you for this article. It was so informative and written so nicely. I don't really know to much about programming but you made it easy for me to follow along. You really know your stuff!
ReplyDeleteHey Kevin I really enjoyed what you had to say. I've wanted to learn more about programming but I never have time. This post has really given me a lot of vital information.
ReplyDeleteProgramming has a huge role in our modern lives and I think that dependency will only grow with time. Thanks for the information and best of luck!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing and taking something that can be very complicated and making it easy to understand.
ReplyDelete